By Carrie A Eckert, Cong T Trinh
Biotechnology for Biofuel construction and Optimizationis thecompilation of present study findings that conceal the whole strategy of biofuels construction from manipulation of genes and pathways to organisms and renewable feedstocks for effective biofuel creation in addition to diverse cultivation suggestions and technique scale-up issues. This booklet captures contemporary breakthroughs within the interdisciplinary parts of structures and artificial biology, metabolic engineering, and bioprocess engineering for renewable, purifier resources of strength.
- Describes cutting-edge engineering of metabolic pathways for the construction of quite a few gasoline molecules
- Discusses contemporary advances in man made biology and metabolic engineering for rational layout, development, review of novel pathways and telephone chassis
- Covers genome engineering applied sciences to handle complicated biofuel-tolerant phenotypes for improved biofuel construction in engineered chassis
- Presents using novel microorganisms and multiplied substrate usage recommendations for creation of distinct gas molecules
- Explores biohybrid equipment for harvesting bioenergy
- Discusses bioreactor layout and optimization of scale-up
Read Online or Download Biotechnology for Biofuel Production and Optimization PDF
Best alternative & renewable books
The learn of inorganic membrane fabrics and approaches is a swiftly increasing study curiosity zone. this can be end result of the acceptance that study leads to fresh years have created membrane-based know-how modules with the aptitude to enhance the fee, potency, and environmental performances of power construction platforms past present benchmarks.
Foodstuff Wastes: evaluate and recovery of Commodities offers rising recommendations and possibilities for the remedy of foodstuff wastes, the relief of water footprint, and growing sustainable nutrition structures. Written through a staff of specialists from around the globe, this booklet will supply a key source for imposing strategies in addition to giving researchers a place to begin for the advance of recent recommendations for the healing of those waste for group gain.
- Heating and cooling with a heat pump
- Standalone Photovoltaic (PV) Systems for Disaster Relief and Remote Areas
- Solar Domestic Water Heating: The Earthscan Expert Handbook for Planning, Design and Installation
- The Renewable Revolution: How We Can Fight Climate Change, Prevent Energy Wars, Revitalize the Economy and Transition to a Sustainable Future
- Biorefineries : Integrated Biochemical Processes for Liquid Biofuels
- Renewable Energy Systems. A Smart Energy Systems Approach to the Choice and Modeling of 100% Renewable Solutions
Additional resources for Biotechnology for Biofuel Production and Optimization
23. Jones DT, Woods DR. Acetone-butanol fermentation revisited. Microbiol Rev 1986;50:484–524. 24. Yang S-T, El Enshasy Hesham, Thongchul Nuttha. Bioprocessing technologies in biorefinery for sustainable production of fuels, chemicals, and polymers. Hoboken, New Jersey: Wiley; 2013. 25. Lütke-Eversloh T, Bahl H. Metabolic engineering of Clostridium acetobutylicum: recent advances to improve butanol production. Curr Opin Biotechnol 2011;22:634–47. 26. Dekishima Y, Lan EI, Shen CR, Cho KM, Liao JC.
1 82. Minty JJ, Singer ME, Scholz SA, Bae CH, Ahn JH, Foster CE, et al. Design and characterization of synthetic fungal-bacterial consortia for direct production of isobutanol from cellulosic biomass. Proc Natl Acad Sci 2013;110:14592–7. 1 83. Brethauer S, Studer MH. Consolidated bioprocessing of lignocellulose by a microbial consortium. Energy Environ Sci 2014;7:1446–53. 1 84. Worden RM, Grethlein AJ, Jain MK, Datta R. Production of butanol and ethanol from synthesis gas via fermentation. Fuel 1991;70:615–9.
44,45,72,74,175,176 Titer improvements for each organism have been made using traditional metabolic engineering techniques such as gene knockout and overexpression. Higher tolerance to alcohols and other stresses could increase the yield and productivity in a large scale fermentation while no large scale process that uses these hosts is known. Better characterization of metabolic pathways in these strains and further strain engineering could yield increased titers in each of these organisms. Some organisms, such as C.
Biotechnology for Biofuel Production and Optimization by Carrie A Eckert, Cong T Trinh