By Jack Moffett
The divide among UX and internet improvement may be stifling. Bridging UX and net improvement prepares you to collapse these partitions via instructing you the way to combine along with your team's builders. You research the method from their point of view, gaining knowledge of instruments and coding ideas to help you bridge the space among layout and implementation. With those attempted and actual techniques, you'll capitalize on a extra efficient paintings atmosphere.
Whether you are a amateur UX specialist discovering your home within the software program and looking out to nail down your technical talents, or a professional UI clothier trying to find useful details on how you can combine your crew with improvement, this can be the must-have source on your UX library.
- Establish a collaboration lifecycle, mapping layout actions to opposite numbers within the software program improvement process
- Learn approximately software program instruments that may enhance productiveness and collaboration
- Work via step by step workouts that educate font-end coding rules to enhance your prototyping and implementation activities
- Discover sensible, usable HTML and CSS examples
- Uncover advice for operating with quite a few developer personas
Read Online or Download Bridging UX and Web Development. Better Results Through Team Integration PDF
Similar human-computer interaction books
The content material of this monograph stems from the writer's early involvement with the layout of a sequence of tv digital camera tubes: the orthicon, the picture orthicon and the vidicon. those tubes and their diversifications, have, at varied occasions been the "eyes" of the tv process nearly from its inception in 1939.
Because of the ever-changing technological panorama and the worldwide integration of the web in colleges, libraries, houses, and companies, the content material of this moment version replaced considerably. for the reason that many desktop clients are hooked up at either domestic and paintings, the net has remodeled conversation; intake styles; and entry to company, politicians, and pals midway world wide.
- User Interface Management Systems: Models and Algorithms
- Robust Emotion Recognition using Spectral and Prosodic Features
- Knowledge Engineering and the Semantic Web: 5th International Conference, KESW 2014, Kazan, Russia, September 29–October 1, 2014. Proceedings
- Haptics: Perception, Devices and Scenarios: 6th International Conference, EuroHaptics 2008 Madrid, Spain, June 11-13, 2008, Proceedings (Lecture Notes ... Applications, incl. Internet/Web, and HCI)
Additional resources for Bridging UX and Web Development. Better Results Through Team Integration
PART II Sitting in the Driver’s Seat If designers aren’t participating in implementation, they are giving up control of the user experience. All of the time and effort put into specifying and prototyping the microinteractions of a product may be for naught if you aren’t there to see it through. Any amount of involvement is going to help, but to maximize one’s influence, a designer should be hands-on, implementing as much of the UI as he or she is capable of. com /articles/ux-career-advice/). We are fortunate that the languages used in front-end web development are relatively easy to learn.
The vertical stem of the T represents deep expertise in one specialty (like interaction design or information architecture). , visual design or coding) that complement one’s specialty, rounding out his or her skill set. It’s a good model for a junior designer, but why stop at T? Once you’re T-shaped, deepen one of those adjacent areas to become n-shaped. Then, deepen a third to become m-shaped. The order isn’t necessarily important, but I’d like to give you some advice here as well. From my own experience, and granted, my own bias, I recommend improving your visual design skills before moving on to code.
I caution you not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. ” The key is to design your documentation for its intended audience. If you have to communicate your design to the customer, you don’t need to create a document that details the UI at a granularity needed to implement it. You’re likely going to want something that presents the design from a task-based perspective. There may be a fair amount of narrative. On the other hand, in a specification document intended for a developer, you need something that’s more concise and easily referenced.
Bridging UX and Web Development. Better Results Through Team Integration by Jack Moffett