By Neil J. Friedman MD, Peter K. Kaiser MD
Seasoned Elsevier authors Neil J. Friedman and Peter okay. Kaiser assist you get the very best leads to your tests with Case reports in Ophthalmology. This clinical reference’s case-based process promises simply the perform you want to investigate, toughen, and develop your mastery of each crucial inspiration in ophthalmology for scientific rounds, oral forums or recertification.
- Review key info on each element of ophthalmology: optics/refraction; neuro-ophthalmology/orbit; pediatrics/strabismus; exterior disease/adnexa; anterior phase; and posterior segment.
- Learn from the specialists with contributions from an all-star duo of professional authors.
- Enhance your basic wisdom in ophthalmology and strengthen studying ambitions utilizing a hundred illustrated cases.
- Access the full contents on-line at www.expertconsult.com.
The case-based source you must arrange for the yankee Board of Ophthalmology oral exam
Read Online or Download Case Reviews in Ophthalmology PDF
Similar ophthalmology books
Gonioscopy is a vital differential diagnostic device that allows evaluate of the anterior chamber perspective and proper class of glaucoma as a foundation for particular therapy. This ebook basically explains the right way to practice gonioscopy to most sensible impression. The anatomy of the chamber perspective is systematically defined, and the impression of age, developmental problems, and different pathologies at the chamber attitude is defined.
This booklet presents a precis and synthesis of present matters and study in the box of 1 of the main tough paediatric eye stipulations - Amblyopia.
Glaucoma impacts all age teams and is a number one reason behind blindness around the world. it really is vital that training clinicians and surgeons realize either basic and secondary glaucoma in addition to instances of glaucoma linked to different problems. Atlas of Glaucoma, 3rd variation offers an in-depth evaluation and research of the administration of glaucoma and discusses learn developments that experience ended in the most recent remedies.
Fresh dramatic advances in analysis, in addition to scientific remedy, suggest so that you can supply your glaucoma sufferers extra well timed and potent interventions. quantity One during this brand-new scientific reference specializes in the diagnostic and healing elements of glaucoma remedy, and the most recent imaging thoughts reminiscent of ultrasound biomicroscopy and optical coherence tomography in addition to new compounds, combos, and sessions of substances.
- Assistive Technology for Visually Impaired and Blind People
- Shields Textbook of Glaucoma (Allingham, Shields' Textbook of Glaucoma)
- Henderson’s Orbital Tumors
- Handbook of Retinal Screening in Diabetes
- HANDBOOK OF GLAUCOMA
- Atlas of Clinical Ophthalmology
Additional info for Case Reviews in Ophthalmology
These include distance and near, monocular and binocular, varying the test distance, fogging, red–green glasses with duochrome test or Worth 4 dot test, prism dissociation, stereopsis, startle reflex, proprioception, name signing, mirror tracking, and optokinetic nystagmus response. Visual fields may show unusual patterns such as tunnel vision, spiraling fields, and crossing isopters. Finally, in difficult cases electrophysiologic testing, optical coherence tomography (OCT), fluorescein angiography, or neuroimaging may be necessary.
44 NEURO-OPHTHALMOLOGY/ORBIT CASE 23 A 64-year-old man presents to the emergency room (ER) with left-sided facial pain, swollen eyelid, and double vision. He is a low myope with no significant past ocular history. His visual acuity is 20/40 OD and 20/60 OS without correction and extraocular motility in the left eye is restricted in all positions of gaze. 1. What is the differential diagnosis? 2. What other exam findings might be present? 3. How would you work up this patient? Additional information: the patient’s visual acuity with correction is 20/20 OU, there is no RAPD or efferent defect, but he does have anisocoria with a miotic left pupil.
3. Dry eye is treated with lubrication, patching / taping / goggles at bedtime, punctal occlusion, and sometimes with tarsorrhaphy. Extreme proptosis causing severe keratopathy or optic nerve compression is treated with orbital decompression. Diplopia can be treated with prism glasses and eventually surgery (rectus recessions when the strabismus is stable for at least 6 months). Steroids and sometimes radiation are used to reduce muscle enlargement. Surgery is performed in a stepwise fashion with orbital decompression first, then strabismus surgery, and finally lid surgery (eyelid recession).
Case Reviews in Ophthalmology by Neil J. Friedman MD, Peter K. Kaiser MD