By Andrew G. Lee, Jacinthe Rouleau, Reid Longmuir
Neuro-ophthalmology, like in any box of medication, has many parts the place controversy exists in analysis and remedy. Controversies in Neuro-Ophthalmology offers a complete review at the scientific presentation, prognosis, and administration of neuro-ophthalmic issues and in particular addresses parts the place there's a basic loss of consensus among practitioners.
Each bankruptcy opens with a case to demonstrate a pertinent controversy after which poses a scientific query. the difficulty is then mentioned via international prime specialists to supply a balanced perspective. Designed to foster energetic debate between colleagues, this ebook is vital analyzing for neuro-ophthalmologists, ophthalmologists, and neurologists.
Read or Download Controversies in Neuro-Ophthalmology PDF
Best ophthalmology books
Gonioscopy is a crucial differential diagnostic device that allows overview of the anterior chamber perspective and proper category of glaucoma as a foundation for particular therapy. This publication in actual fact explains easy methods to practice gonioscopy to top influence. The anatomy of the chamber perspective is systematically defined, and the influence of age, developmental issues, and different pathologies at the chamber perspective is defined.
This ebook presents a precis and synthesis of present concerns and study in the box of 1 of the main not easy paediatric eye stipulations - Amblyopia.
Glaucoma impacts all age teams and is a number one reason behind blindness world wide. it truly is valuable that training clinicians and surgeons realize either fundamental and secondary glaucoma in addition to circumstances of glaucoma linked to different issues. Atlas of Glaucoma, 3rd version presents an in-depth overview and research of the administration of glaucoma and discusses learn developments that experience led to the most recent remedies.
Contemporary dramatic advances in analysis, in addition to scientific remedy, suggest for you to provide your glaucoma sufferers extra well timed and potent interventions. quantity One during this brand-new scientific reference makes a speciality of the diagnostic and healing facets of glaucoma therapy, and the most recent imaging recommendations equivalent to ultrasound biomicroscopy and optical coherence tomography in addition to new compounds, combos, and periods of gear.
- Clinical Manual of Contact Lenses
- Astigmatism - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- The LASIK Handbook: A Case-Based Approach
- Shields Textbook of Glaucoma
Extra resources for Controversies in Neuro-Ophthalmology
The recovery may be worse in patients over age 40, with loss of consciousness at the time of injury and with bleeding in the posterior ethmoidal air cells. Several studies have suggested that the natural history of this condition includes about one-third of patients showing some degree of spontaneous improvement without treatment. 2 normal optic nerve on the right. 3 Optic atrophy and peripapillary retinal pigment epithelial changes noted in the left eye over time. are some retrospective studies that would suggest that patients with both conventional, and mega doses of steroids, have an increased likelihood of recovery, perhaps in up to two-thirds of patients.
Swiss Med Wkly 2007; 137: 265–8. Lee MS, Smith SD, Galor A, Hoffman GS. Antiplatelet and anticoagulant therapy in patients with giant cell arteritis. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54(10): 3306–09. Liu GT, Glaser JS, Schatz NJ, Smith JL. Visual morbidity in giant cell arteritis. Ophthalmol 1994; 101: 1779–85. Matzkin DC, Slamovits TL, Sachs R, Burde RM. Visual recovery in two patients after intravenous methylprednisolone treatment of central retinal artery occlusion secondary to giantcell arteritis. Ophthalmol 1992; 99: 68–71.
28) Interestingly from an anecdotal viewpoint most GCA malpractice cases do not involve patients with an initial negative biopsy who then develop complications of GCA but involve patients in whom the diagnosis is not made at the onset of symptoms. These series support the notion that the combination of a single negative biopsy of adequate length plus clinical diagnosis does an excellent job in eliminating or reducing false negatives in the diagnosis of GCA. Having reviewed the literature we know that a second biopsy will be positive in 0–10% of cases where an adequate length first biopsy is negative and in a similar range of cases the patient will meet the clinical criteria for GCA but will have one or two negative biopsies.
Controversies in Neuro-Ophthalmology by Andrew G. Lee, Jacinthe Rouleau, Reid Longmuir