By Julian Smart
This is the e-book model of the published booklet. If the print publication encompasses a CD-ROM, this content material isn't really integrated in the e-book version.
- Build complicated cross-platform functions that aid local look-and-feel on home windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, or even Pocket PC
- Master wxWidgets from begin to finish—even if you might have by no means equipped GUI purposes before
- Leverage complex wxWidgets services: networking, multithreading, streaming, and more
- CD-ROM: library of improvement instruments, resource code, and pattern applications
- Foreword by way of Mitch Kapor, founder, Lotus improvement and Open resource software Foundation
wxWidgets is an easy-to-use, open resource C++ API for writing GUI purposes that run on home windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, or even Pocket PC—supporting every one platform's local feel and appear with nearly no extra coding. Now, its author and top builders educate you all you want to comprehend to jot down powerful cross-platform software program with wxWidgets. This booklet covers every little thing from conversation bins to drag-and-drop, from networking to multithreading. It comprises all of the instruments and code you want to get nice effects, quick. From AMD to AOL, Lockheed Martin to Xerox, world-class builders are utilizing wxWidgets to save cash, bring up potency, and achieve new markets. With this booklet, you could, too.
- wxWidgets quickstart: event/input dealing with, window layouts, drawing, printing, dialogs, and more
- Working with window periods, from easy to advanced
- Memory administration, debugging, errors checking, internationalization, and different complex topics
- Includes wide code samples for home windows, Linux (GTK+), and Mac OS X
Read Online or Download Cross-Platform GUI Programming with wxWidgets PDF
Similar human-computer interaction books
The content material of this monograph stems from the writer's early involvement with the layout of a chain of tv digicam tubes: the orthicon, the picture orthicon and the vidicon. those tubes and their adaptations, have, at diverse instances been the "eyes" of the tv approach nearly from its inception in 1939.
As a result of ever-changing technological panorama and the worldwide integration of the net in faculties, libraries, houses, and companies, the content material of this moment variation replaced considerably. in view that many machine clients are hooked up at either domestic and paintings, the net has remodeled communique; intake styles; and entry to enterprise, politicians, and buddies midway all over the world.
- Internet and Social Media Addiction
- Pro MEAN Stack Development
- Foundations of Intelligent Systems: 21st International Symposium, ISMIS 2014, Roskilde, Denmark, June 25-27, 2014. Proceedings
- Human-Computer Interaction (3rd Edition)
- The Metaphysics of Virtual Reality
Extra resources for Cross-Platform GUI Programming with wxWidgets
By inserting this macro after your application class declaration: // Implements MyApp& wxGetApp() DECLARE_APP(MyApp) you can then call the function wxGetApp, which returns a reference to the MyApp object. Tip Even if you don’t use DECLARE_APP, you can still use the variable wxTheApp to call wxApp functions. This will avoid the need to include your specific application header. It can be useful within code (such as a library) that doesn’t know about specific application classes, and to save compilation time.
The event matches an entry in the event table, so MyFrame::OnButtonOK is called. This search of the window component hierarchy, as well as the inheritance hierarchy, means that you can choose where you handle events. For example, if you are designing a dialog class that must respond to commands such as wxID_OK, but you need to leave the creation of the actual controls to other programmers using your code, you can still define default behavior for the controls as long as they have the expected identifiers.
WxUniversal is a set of basic widgets for those platforms that do not have their own native widget set, such as bare X11 and MGL. qxd 6/10/05 Summary 11:13 AM Page 13 13 4. Platform-specific code implements classes using native functionality. An example of platform-specific code is the wxMSW implementation of wxTextCtrl wrapping the Win32 edit control. 5. Contributed code exists in a separate hierarchy named contrib and includes non-essential but useful classes such as wxStyledTextCtrl. 6. Third-party code comprises libraries that were developed independ ently of wxWidgets but are used to implement important features.
Cross-Platform GUI Programming with wxWidgets by Julian Smart