By Nevin Berger, Michael Arent, Jonathan Arnowitz, Fred Sampson
Even if well-known as a key to the layout method, prototyping frequently falls sufferer to finances cuts, time cut-off dates, or loss of entry to classy instruments. this may bring about sloppy and useless prototypes or the abandonment of them altogether. instead of lose this significant step, everyone is turning to Microsoft ExcelÂ® to create powerful, easy, and cheap prototypes. very easily, the software program is out there to almost everybody, and such a lot are expert in its easy functionality.
Effective Prototyping with Excel deals how-to information on how every body can use easy Excel abilities to create prototypes - starting from narrative cord frames to hi-fidelity prototypes. a big selection of software program layout difficulties and enterprise calls for are solved through functional step by step examples and illustrations.
. step by step advisor to prototyping with an easy and reasonable software approximately every person already has on their desktop.
. speedy and simply permits net and software program designers to discover usability, layout choices, and try theories sooner than beginning production.
. excellent better half to potent Prototyping for software program Makers - with an identical writer crew and full-color remedy, important case reviews, and hands-on workouts.
Read or Download Effective Prototyping with Excel: A practical handbook for developers and designers (Interactive Technologies) PDF
Similar human-computer interaction books
The content material of this monograph stems from the writer's early involvement with the layout of a chain of tv digital camera tubes: the orthicon, the picture orthicon and the vidicon. those tubes and their diversifications, have, at varied instances been the "eyes" of the tv procedure nearly from its inception in 1939.
As a result of the ever-changing technological panorama and the worldwide integration of the net in colleges, libraries, houses, and companies, the content material of this moment variation replaced considerably. considering the fact that many desktop clients are hooked up at either domestic and paintings, the net has reworked communique; intake styles; and entry to enterprise, politicians, and associates midway world wide.
- Service Science, Management and Engineering: Education for the 21st Century (Service Science: Research and Innovations in the Service Economy)
- Simulation and Its Discontents (Simplicity: Design, Technology, Business, Life)
- Building Dialogue POMDPs from Expert Dialogues: An end-to-end approach
- Haptics: Perception, Devices and Scenarios: 6th International Conference, EuroHaptics 2008 Madrid, Spain, June 11-13, 2008, Proceedings (Lecture Notes ... Applications, incl. Internet/Web, and HCI)
- How Images Think
Additional info for Effective Prototyping with Excel: A practical handbook for developers and designers (Interactive Technologies)
7. Enter the Column Width value. Creating a Prototyping Canvas 43 PART 1: TURNING EXCEL INTO A PROTOTYPING TOOL The Layers of Excel A characteristic of Excel is its virtual layers. These layers are laid one over another, which is helpful in designing your prototype. Understanding these layers can help you create different effects in Excel. The layers are Layer 1: Background image; an imported file can be used as a tiled background. Layer 2: Cell background color; these colors will cover any part of a background image.
What Graphics Should be Included in Your Image Library Worksheet? There is no set number of images that you should include in your template. 1. A worksheet that contains an image library. 52 The Image Library CHAPTER 4: CREATING AN EXCEL PROTOTYPING TEMPLATE but it is a place to keep the ones you think you will regularly use. In our experience at PeopleSoft and SAP, we found that only a small percentage of all the available graphics was needed to prototype most of the designs. Because the size of your workbook file could become large and cumbersome, take care not to accumulate too many graphics.
2. Select function Move or Copy. 3. Choose (move to end). 4. Type Image Library over the default tab name. 5. Click the Insert Picture From File icon. Note If you are copying graphics directly from a Website into Excel, you might inadvertently copy a hyperlink associated with the graphic. To solve this problem, after you have pasted the graphic into your template, right-click the graphic and select Remove hyperlink. The Image Library 55 PART 1: TURNING EXCEL INTO A PROTOTYPING TOOL To finish your Image Library worksheet, position the graphics in groupings that make sense to you.
Effective Prototyping with Excel: A practical handbook for developers and designers (Interactive Technologies) by Nevin Berger, Michael Arent, Jonathan Arnowitz, Fred Sampson