By John C. Morrison, Irvin P. Pollack
Oregon future health and technology Univ., Portland. Reference, for clinicians and citizens, covers the whole spectrum of glaucoma difficulties, together with epidemiology and genetics, intraocular strain, optic nerve, clinical remedy, laser remedy, and surgical remedy. contains pitfalls, references, and illustrations. DNLM: Glaucoma.
Read Online or Download Glaucoma. Science and Practice PDF
Similar ophthalmology books
Gonioscopy is an important differential diagnostic device that enables evaluate of the anterior chamber attitude and proper category of glaucoma as a foundation for particular remedy. This ebook basically explains how one can practice gonioscopy to most sensible impression. The anatomy of the chamber attitude is systematically defined, and the influence of age, developmental issues, and different pathologies at the chamber attitude is defined.
This publication presents a precis and synthesis of present matters and study in the box of 1 of the main demanding paediatric eye stipulations - Amblyopia.
Glaucoma impacts all age teams and is a number one explanation for blindness world wide. it's vital that working towards clinicians and surgeons realize either fundamental and secondary glaucoma in addition to circumstances of glaucoma linked to different problems. Atlas of Glaucoma, 3rd version presents an in-depth overview and research of the administration of glaucoma and discusses learn developments that experience ended in the most recent remedies.
Contemporary dramatic advances in analysis, in addition to clinical remedy, suggest so you might supply your glaucoma sufferers extra well timed and potent interventions. quantity One during this brand-new medical reference makes a speciality of the diagnostic and healing facets of glaucoma therapy, and the most recent imaging innovations akin to ultrasound biomicroscopy and optical coherence tomography in addition to new compounds, combos, and sessions of gear.
- Manual of Eye Emergencies: Diagnosis and Management
- Iridology: A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, And Annotated Research Guide To Internet References
- Ophthalmology: A Pocket Textbook Atlas
- The Retinal Muller Cell: Structure & Function (Perspectives in Vision Research)
- Case-Based Diagnosis and Management of Headache Disorders
Additional resources for Glaucoma. Science and Practice
37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42. 43. 44. congenital glaucoma (Buphthalmos) in families linked to the GLC3A locus on chromosome 2p21. Hum Mol Genet 1997;6:641. Kume T, et al. The forkhead/winged helix gene Mf1 is disrupted in the pleiotropic mouse mutation congenital hydrocephalus. Cell 1998;93:985. Oguro T, et al. Induction of hepatic heme oxygenase and changes in cytochrome P-450s in response to oxidative stress produced by stilbenes and stilbene oxides in rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 1997;280:1455. Wrighton S, VandenBranden M, Ring B.
In: Civan M, ed. The Eye’s Aqueous Humor: From Secretion to Glaucoma. San Diego, Calif: Academic Press; 1998:256–257. Current Topics in Membranes, vol. 45. 58. Maus TL, Young WF Jr, Brubaker RF. Aqueous flow in humans after adrenalectomy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 1994;35:3325–3331. 59. Jacob E, FitzSimon JS, Brubaker RF. Combined corticosteroid and catecholamine stimulation of aqueous humor flow. Ophthalmology 1996;103:1303–1308. Chapter 4 ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY OF AQUEOUS HUMOR OUTFLOW John C.
Tripathi RC, Borisuth NS, Tripathi BJ, Gotsis SS. Quantitative and qualitative analyses of transferrin in aqueous humor from patients with primary and secondary glaucomas. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 1992;33:2866. 23. Cousins SW, McCabe MM, Danielpour D, Streilein JW. Identification of transforming growth factor-beta as an immunosuppressive factor in aqueous humor. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 1991;32:2201. 24. Tripathi RC, Li J, Chan WF, Tripathi BJ. Aqueous humor in glaucomatous eyes contains an increased level of TGF-beta(sb2).
Glaucoma. Science and Practice by John C. Morrison, Irvin P. Pollack