By Tarek M. Shaarawy MD MSc, Mark B. Sherwood FRCP FRCOphth, Jonathan G. Crowston PhD FRCOphth FRANZCO, Roger A. Hitchings FRCOphth
Contemporary dramatic advances in analysis, in addition to scientific remedy, suggest for you to supply your glaucoma sufferers extra well timed and potent interventions. quantity One during this brand-new medical reference makes a speciality of the diagnostic and healing features of glaucoma remedy, and the newest imaging strategies resembling ultrasound biomicroscopy and optical coherence tomography in addition to new compounds, combos, and periods of substances. You’ll get the excellent, professional information you want to make optimum use of those new approaches…online and in print!
- Presents world-class services via suggestion from major experts throughout six continents.
- Covers sizzling themes equivalent to ultrasound biomicroscopy (UBM), anterior phase optical coherence tomography (AS-OCT), some of the different types of glaucoma, alpha agonists, and extra.
- Highlights nuances of glaucoma presentation in six hundred fine quality pictures and pictures that assist you visualize key diagnostic findings and operative systems.
- Features a whole part dedicated to new horizons, together with the newest in stem telephone examine, gene move, and implants.
- Allows fast reference because of a well-organized, effortless full-color format.
- Provides entry to the contents of the booklet on-line, absolutely searchable for fast session from anywhere with an online connection.
Your buy entitles you to entry the website till the following variation is released, or until eventually the present variation is not any longer provided on the market by means of Elsevier, whichever happens first. If the subsequent version is released under 12 months after your buy, you'll be entitled to on-line entry for twelve months out of your date of buy. Elsevier reserves the suitable to supply an appropriate substitute product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based digital model) may still on-line entry to the website be discontinued.
Read or Download Glaucoma Volume 1: Medical Diagnosis and Therapy PDF
Similar ophthalmology books
Gonioscopy is an important differential diagnostic software that enables evaluate of the anterior chamber attitude and proper class of glaucoma as a foundation for particular therapy. This e-book sincerely explains the way to practice gonioscopy to top influence. The anatomy of the chamber attitude is systematically defined, and the impression of age, developmental issues, and different pathologies at the chamber attitude is defined.
This publication presents a precis and synthesis of present matters and study in the box of 1 of the main tough paediatric eye stipulations - Amblyopia.
Glaucoma impacts all age teams and is a number one reason behind blindness all over the world. it really is critical that training clinicians and surgeons realize either basic and secondary glaucoma in addition to circumstances of glaucoma linked to different problems. Atlas of Glaucoma, 3rd variation presents an in-depth evaluation and research of the administration of glaucoma and discusses study developments that experience ended in the most recent cures.
Contemporary dramatic advances in analysis, in addition to scientific therapy, suggest that you should supply your glaucoma sufferers extra well timed and potent interventions. quantity One during this brand-new scientific reference specializes in the diagnostic and healing features of glaucoma therapy, and the most recent imaging strategies akin to ultrasound biomicroscopy and optical coherence tomography in addition to new compounds, combos, and periods of substances.
- Garner and Klintworth's pathobiology of ocular disease
- 2014-2015 Basic and Clinical Science Course (BCSC): Section 7: Orbit Eyelids and Lacrimal System
- Primary Angle-Closure and Angle-Closure Glaucoma
- Scleritis (Fundamentals in Clinical Ophthalmology)
Additional resources for Glaucoma Volume 1: Medical Diagnosis and Therapy
48. Schmier JK, Halpern MT, Jones ML. The economic implications of glaucoma: a literature review. Pharmacoeconomics 2007; 25:287–308. 49. Taylor HR. Eye care: dollars and sense. Am J Ophthalmol 2007; 143:1–8. 50. Melese M, Alemayehu W, Friedlander E, et al. Indirect costs associated with accessing eye care services as a barrier to service use in Ethiopia. Trop Med Int Health 2004; 9:426–431. 51. Chou SL, Misajon R, Gallo J, et al. Measurement of indirect costs for people with vision impairment.
Verrey and colleagues48 reviewed the records of 397 patients with chronic glaucoma in rural Ghana and found that only 17% of patients receiving medical treatment had IOPs lower than 22 mmHg. In contrast, 84% of patients treated surgically had IOPs lower than 22 mmHg. As in India and China, even generic -blockers and miotics may cost more per day than basic necessities such as food. Medications are also not practical, even for those with money. The hot climate and periods without electricity sometimes lasting weeks make unstable and other relatively unstable compounds ineffective.
Endophthalmitis after filtering surgery with mitomycin. Arch Ophthalmol 1996; 114:943–949. 54. Mermoud A, Salmon JF, Murray AND. Trabeculectomy with mitomycin C for refractory glaucoma in Blacks. Am J Ophthalmol 1993; 116:72–78. 77. Mills KB. Trabeculectomy: a retrospective long-term follow-up of 444 cases. Br J Ophthalmol 1981; 65:790–795. 55. Singh KS, Egbert PR, Byrd S, et al. Trabeculectomy with intraoperative 5-fluorouracil vs. mitomycin C. Am J Ophthalmol 1997; 123:48–53. 56. Quigley HA, Broman AT.
Glaucoma Volume 1: Medical Diagnosis and Therapy by Tarek M. Shaarawy MD MSc, Mark B. Sherwood FRCP FRCOphth, Jonathan G. Crowston PhD FRCOphth FRANZCO, Roger A. Hitchings FRCOphth