By Joli Ballew
Get the main from your netbook!
Now that you have got a netbook, it is time to easy methods to maximize all of its functions. This hands-on consultant explains how one can retain your netbook working at height functionality by means of restricting what percentage courses you run simultaneously and what you obtain. research the easiest how one can hook up with the net, safe your process, set up software program, use web-based courses from Microsoft, Google, and others, upload reminiscence, and troubleshoot your netbook. you are going to additionally get beneficial assistance for operating with home windows and Linux working structures.
- Secure your netbook, manage a firewall, and defend it from viruses, malware, and different threats
- Connect to public instant networks, wireless hotspots, and stressed networks
- Configure your net browser to run fast and cleanly
- Connect to printers, USB drives, backup units, and different
- Install software program kept on a CD or DVD
- Configure and use the integrated net cam
- Expand your netbook with add-ons
- Take good thing about place of work stay Workspace, Google Apps, and different loose web-based purposes
- Use Open place of work on a Linux-based netbook
- Learn how one can use home windows 7
About the author:
Joli Ballew, MCSE, MCTS, MCDST, is a technical author, expertise coach, and site supervisor. She is the writer of How to Do every thing with home windows Vista Media heart, Hardcore home windows XP, and different books.
Read Online or Download How to Do Everything Netbook PDF
Similar personal computers books
With iPhoto '09, Apple's renowned photograph organizer and enhancing application is best than ever. regrettably, intuitive because it will be, iPhoto nonetheless has the ability to confuse somebody who makes use of it. that is why extra humans depend upon our lacking guide than the other iPhoto source. writer and manhattan occasions tech columnist David Pogue offers transparent and aim information on each iPhoto characteristic, together with new instruments similar to face popularity, position acceptance in response to GPS info, themed slideshows, on-line sharing, greater modifying, and go back and forth maps.
Construction on an summary of the fundamental structure of the . internet Framework, Sams train your self ASP. internet in 24 Hours publications the reader via ASP. NET's easy constitution, functionality and dealing syntax (data forms, operators, services, internet kinds etc). the original strategy exposes and explains either VB. internet and C#, together with examples for every.
Cet ouvrage traite de recommendations avanc? es de los angeles virologie informatique selon une double viewpoint: l'analyse de los angeles d? fense antivirale et les diff? rentes levels d'une attaque ? l'aide d'un code malveillant. Le aspect de vue undertake? est celui de l'attaquant dans los angeles mesure o? c'est le seul qui permet r?
This ebook presents a entire transition from JScript to the . web Framework/platform together with insurance of JScript. internet (language), ASP. internet, and home windows kinds. The publication will speak about the language adjustments to ease the developer into operating with the recent syntax. after which a number of chapters on ASP. internet will correlate the variations among the previous ASP programming version and the hot .
- Fire in the Valley: The Birth and Death of the Personal Computer
- Maran Illustrated Windows XP Guided Tour
- Building Enterprise Solutions with Visual Studio 6
- Bulletproofing Web Applications
- Rechnerorganisation: Die Prinzipien
Additional info for How to Do Everything Netbook
To lessen how often you have to plug in your netbook to recharge the battery, which in turn will lengthen the life of the battery. • To know you will not be automatically connected to familiar wireless networks once in range. Because netbooks are created by many different computer manufacturers, it’s difficult to say how you will turn off your netbook’s wireless capabilities. However, you’ll likely find a switch or button on the outside of the netbook, and/or a keyboard key or key combination inside the netbook.
5. Type the new account name, select Standard user, and click Create Account (see Figure 2-6). FIGURE 2-6 Create a standard user for all secondary accounts so you can remain the only administrator of the netbook. 28 Part I Getting Started FIGURE 2-7 Click User Accounts to access the accounts on the netbook. FIGURE 2-8 Create a password in Windows XP for your account or any Standard account. Chapter 2 Safety First 29 Apply a Password-Protected Screen Saver A screen saver is a moving animation or a set of images that appears after a period of inactivity that you set.
If you’re running a version of Linux, you’ll have to look through these kinds of tabs and menus to find the settings. An example is shown in Figure 2-9. Windows screen savers can be applied under Display Properties in Windows XP and Appearance and Personalization options in Windows Vista and Windows 7 (see Figures 2-10 and 2-11). You can access all of this and more from Control Panel. To apply a password-protected screen saver in Windows Vista: 1. Click Start, then click Control Panel. 2. Click Appearance and Personalization.
How to Do Everything Netbook by Joli Ballew