By Hyun Soo Park, Albert Ali Salah, Yong Jae Lee, Louis-Philippe Morency, Yaser Sheikh, Rita Cucchiara
This e-book constitutes the complaints of the fifth overseas Workshop on Human habit knowing, HBU 2014, held in Zurich, Switzerland, in September 2014. The nine complete papers awarded during this quantity have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 18 submissions. they're prepared in topical sections named: social signs; face and have an effect on; movement research; and multiparty interactions.
Read Online or Download Human Behavior Understanding: 5th International Workshop, HBU 2014, Zurich, Switzerland, September 12, 2014. Proceedings PDF
Best human-computer interaction books
The content material of this monograph stems from the writer's early involvement with the layout of a chain of tv digital camera tubes: the orthicon, the picture orthicon and the vidicon. those tubes and their diversifications, have, at various instances been the "eyes" of the tv approach nearly from its inception in 1939.
Because of the ever-changing technological panorama and the worldwide integration of the web in faculties, libraries, houses, and companies, the content material of this moment version replaced considerably. on account that many laptop clients are attached at either domestic and paintings, the net has reworked verbal exchange; intake styles; and entry to company, politicians, and associates midway worldwide.
- Simulation And Its Discontents
- Selected Readings on the Human Side of Information Technology
- Autonomous Military Robotics
- Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction: Second International Conference, ACII 2007, Lisbon, Portugal, September 12-14, 2007, Proceedings
Additional info for Human Behavior Understanding: 5th International Workshop, HBU 2014, Zurich, Switzerland, September 12, 2014. Proceedings
3) Number of uppercase chars (#Uppercase Letters): number of uppercase characters in a turn; (4) Number of uppercase chars / number of chars (#Uppercase/#C): usually, entire words written in capital letters indicate a strong emotional message. This feature accounts for such communicative tendency; (5) Mean word length (Avg. word length): average length of the words in a turn; (6-7) 1(2)-order length transitions (1oLT, 2oLT): these features resemble the n-grams of ; the strong diﬀerence here is in the fact that we consider 2 The kind of keyboard has been removed for anonymity reasons.
351–356. : Guide for constructing self-efficacy scales. , Urdan, T. ) Self-efficacy Beliefs of Adolescents, pp. 307–337. : Establishing and maintaining long-term human-computer relationships. : When social outcomes aren’t fair. : Het meten van proactieve copingvaardigheden. Psychometrische eigenschappen van de utrechtse proactieve coping competentie lijst (UPCC). : Coping Inventory for Stressful Situations (CISS): Manual. : Persuasive Technology: Using computers to change what we think and do. : Silicon sycophants: The effects of computers that flatter.
To investigate this, similar studies will have to be performed in different domains (preferably ones in which the stakes of change are different, such as for therapy adherence). Third, the method for measuring the number of stairs that people take can be improved. For future work, it would be beneficial to supplement or supplant the stair usage logging mechanism with accelerometer data. Fourth, most coachees were assigned the stage ‘maintenance’ based on their self-reports, which made it hard to improve their stage of change.
Human Behavior Understanding: 5th International Workshop, HBU 2014, Zurich, Switzerland, September 12, 2014. Proceedings by Hyun Soo Park, Albert Ali Salah, Yong Jae Lee, Louis-Philippe Morency, Yaser Sheikh, Rita Cucchiara