By Khaled Al-Sallal
Providing an entire and in-depth assessment of the on hand wisdom within the sector of low power and coffee carbon structure. The scope of this edited ebook comprises a number of vital subject matters starting from chapters giving a vast view of the progressing versions in ecologically accountable environments to different chapters focussing on fresh advances in layout suggestions and development applied sciences in low power heating, cooling, daylighting, fabrics, and construction sustainable platforms. different crucial issues are covered, providing a hyperlink among conception and implementation: sustainable strength policies/standards and function modeling in low strength structure. eventually, the book will supply the readers perception into the way forward for low power and coffee carbon structure within the beyond-green period and mentioned within the broader context of the progressing theories of regenerative layout.
Read Online or Download Low energy low carbon architecture: recent advances & future directions PDF
Similar alternative & renewable books
The examine of inorganic membrane fabrics and procedures is a quickly increasing examine curiosity zone. this can be as a result of the popularity that learn ends up in fresh years have created membrane-based know-how modules with the capability to enhance the price, potency, and environmental performances of strength creation structures past present benchmarks.
Meals Wastes: review and restoration of Commodities provides rising innovations and possibilities for the therapy of meals wastes, the aid of water footprint, and developing sustainable foodstuff platforms. Written via a crew of specialists from world wide, this booklet will supply a key source for imposing strategies in addition to giving researchers a place to begin for the advance of latest recommendations for the restoration of those waste for neighborhood gain.
- Joint RES and Distribution Network Expansion Planning Under a Demand Response Framework
- Solar Cell Device Physics
- Handbook of Photovoltaic Science and Engineering, Second Edition
- Solar Power with 12 Volt Systems
- Solar Energy
Additional info for Low energy low carbon architecture: recent advances & future directions
1. 1. To help this be accomplished, ASHRAE has produced the ASHRAE Advanced Energy Design Guide series, which covers prescriptive measures that result in significant energy efficiency improvements. 1. A continuation of that series that will lead to a 50% energy improvement is currently in process. Other actions are also planned to produce guides for achieving net zero energy performance. 4 Green building standards and codes The development of green-building standards envisioned for adoption as part of building codes has a major role in promoting the implementation of green-building practices.
He is an active full member of ASHRAE, Vice President of ASHRAE Falcon Chapter: since 2011, and a Member of Board of Governors since 2009. He received several awards including: Best Research Project Award of Engineering, 2007 and Faculty Award of Excellence, 2000 in UAEU. xxxix This page intentionally left blank CHAPTER 1 Energy and carbon emissions of buildings Khaled A. 1 FAST URBANIZATION AND INCREASING ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINTS The growth of the industrial societies in many parts of the world has resulted in fast urbanization with a highly consuming, resources-depleting lifestyle.
However, these differences are offset early in the life cycle due to the savings in operational CO2 emissions. , 2008). Thormark (2006) studied the potential of material recycling and combustion in reducing the embodied energy in conventional buildings. The results showed a reduction of ∼10–15% made through this approach. Another study by Roberts recommended the use of prefabricated building elements on modular units, joined together to create larger or smaller homes, as a sustainable construction technique (Roberts, 2008).
Low energy low carbon architecture: recent advances & future directions by Khaled Al-Sallal