By Mikio Nakahara, Robabeh Rahimi, Akira Saitoh
This ebook offers a finished evaluate of the mathematical features of quantum computing. it is going to be important for graduate scholars and researchers attracted to quantum computing from diversified parts of physics, arithmetic, informatics and machine technology. The lecture notes during this quantity are written in a self-contained sort, and for that reason are obtainable for graduate scholars and researchers with even much less history within the issues.
Read or Download Mathematical Aspects of Quantum Computing 2007 PDF
Best quantum theory books
This is often the 3rd, considerably improved variation of the great textbook released in 1990 at the concept and purposes of direction integrals. it's the first ebook to explicitly resolve course integrals of a large choice of nontrivial quantum-mechanical platforms, specifically the hydrogen atom. The recommendations became attainable through significant advances.
An creation to Quantum Physics. The M. I. T. Introductory Physics sequence
Das crucial bietet einen Überblick zur Entstehung der Quantenphysik, beginnend bei Plancks Formulierung des Strahlungsgesetzes über die Weiterentwicklung durch Albert Einstein bis hin zur modernen Quantenmechanik auf der foundation der Arbeiten von Heisenberg, Born und Jordan. Die am Fortschritt der modernen Quantenphysik beteiligten Wissenschaftler werden vorgestellt, ihre Theorien und die historischen Zusammenhänge ausführlich erläutert.
- Philosophie der Quantenphysik: Einführung und Diskussion der zentralen Begriffe und Problemstellungen der Quantentheorie für Physiker und Philosophen
- Introduction to superstring theory
- Field theory : a path integral approach
- Dynamics: Models and Kinetic Methods for Non-equilibrium Many Body Systems
- The Many Worlds of Hugh Everett III: Multiple Universes, Mutual Assured Destruction, and the Meltdown of a Nuclear Family
- Generalized Coherent States and Their Applications
Additional info for Mathematical Aspects of Quantum Computing 2007
This method cannot be applicable to qubits, however, due to no-cloning theorem. We have to somehow think out the way to overcome this theorem. 2. Three-qubit bit-flip code: the simplest example It is instructive to introduce a simple example of quantum error correcting codes (QECC). We closely follow Steane30 here. 1. Bit-ﬂip QECC Suppose Alice wants to send a qubit or a series of qubits to Bob through a noisy quantum channel. Let |ψ = a|0 +b|1 be the state she wants to send. If she is to transmit a serise of qubits, she sends them one by one and the following argument applies to each of the qubits.
7. 1. Introduction It has been shown in the previous chapter that interactions between a quantum system with environment cause undesirable changes in the state of the quantum system. In the case of qubits, they appear as bit-ﬂip and phaseﬂip errors, for example. To reduce such errors, we must implement some sort of error correcting mechanism in the algorithm. Before we introduce quantum error correcting codes, we have a brief look at the simplest version of error correcting code in classical bits.
Although a qubit may take inﬁnitely many diﬀerent states, it should be kept in mind that we can extract from it as the same amount of information as that of a classical bit. Information can be extracted only through measurements. When we measure a qubit, the state vector ‘collapses’ to the eigenvector that corresponds to the eigenvalue observed. Suppose a spin is in the state a|0 + b|1 . If we observe that the z-component of the spin is +1/2, the system immediately after the measurement is in |0 .
Mathematical Aspects of Quantum Computing 2007 by Mikio Nakahara, Robabeh Rahimi, Akira Saitoh