By Myron Yanoff MD, Jay S. Duker MD
Get the quick answers you wish on each point of medical ophthalmology and apply them on your daily practice. the most recent version of Ophthalmology through Drs. Yanoff and Duker offers practical, specialist, concise suggestions on approximately each ophthalmic and strategy, equipping you to successfully conquer no matter what medical demanding situations you could face.
- Focus at the clinically actionable info you need because of a extra streamlined layout.
- Make optimum use of the latest drug therapies, together with Anti-VEGF remedy for rainy ARMD and bevacizumab remedy for problems of diabetes.
- Get authoritative tips at the most up-to-date therapy options for cornea problems, together with evolving ocular floor reconstruction innovations and new cornea tactics resembling DSEK.
- Take it with you anywhere. Access the entire textual content, videos, and extra on-line at Expert Consult.
- Apply the newest advances within the analysis and remedy of ocular illness, together with new drug remedies for retinal issues; latest accelerated makes use of of optical coherence tomography (OCT) and high-resolution imaging modalities; new corneal, cataract and refractive surgical methods; and new advancements in molecular biology and genetics, ocular floor illness, glaucoma trying out, neuro-ophthalmology, uveitis, ocular tumors, and masses more.
- Visualize find out how to proceed by viewing greater than 2200 illustrations (1,900 in complete colour) depicting the full diversity of scientific problems, imaging equipment, and surgical innovations.
- Hone and extend your surgical skills by observing forty brand-new videos demonstrating key concepts in cornea, cataract, refractive, retina and glaucoma surgery.
- Spend much less time searching because of a undemanding visible structure designed for speedy, "easy-in easy-out" reference and an speedy figuring out on any subject.
Read Online or Download Ophthalmology: Expert Consult: Online and Print, 4e PDF
Similar ophthalmology books
Gonioscopy is a vital differential diagnostic device that allows review of the anterior chamber attitude and proper category of glaucoma as a foundation for particular remedy. This booklet truly explains the right way to practice gonioscopy to most sensible influence. The anatomy of the chamber perspective is systematically defined, and the effect of age, developmental problems, and different pathologies at the chamber perspective is defined.
This ebook offers a precis and synthesis of present concerns and examine in the box of 1 of the main demanding paediatric eye stipulations - Amblyopia.
Glaucoma impacts all age teams and is a number one explanation for blindness around the globe. it really is significant that practising clinicians and surgeons realize either basic and secondary glaucoma in addition to instances of glaucoma linked to different problems. Atlas of Glaucoma, 3rd version presents an in-depth overview and research of the administration of glaucoma and discusses study developments that experience ended in the newest cures.
Fresh dramatic advances in analysis, in addition to scientific therapy, suggest for you to supply your glaucoma sufferers extra well timed and powerful interventions. quantity One during this brand-new scientific reference makes a speciality of the diagnostic and healing points of glaucoma remedy, and the newest imaging ideas resembling ultrasound biomicroscopy and optical coherence tomography in addition to new compounds, combos, and periods of substances.
- Current Understanding and New Techniques in Refractive Surgery
- Oculoplastic Surgery Atlas: Cosmetic Facial Surgery
- Eye Surgery: An Introduction to Operative Technique
- Medical Treatment of Glaucoma
Extra resources for Ophthalmology: Expert Consult: Online and Print, 4e
Gene therapy restores vision in a canine model of childhood blindness. Nat Genet 2001;28:92–5. 44. Maguire AM, Simonelli F, Pierce EA, et al. Safety and efficacy of gene transfer for Leber’s congenital amaurosis. N Engl J Med 2008;358:2240–8. 20. Roubertoux PL, Kerdelhue B. Trisomy 21: from chromosomes to mental retardation. Behav Genet 2006;36:346–54. 45. Pelletier R, Caron SO, Puymirat J. RNA based gene therapy for dominantly inherited diseases. Curr Gene Ther 2006;6:131–46. 21. Soltanzadeh P, Friez MJ, Dunn D, et al.
Non-coding RNAs in human disease. Nat Rev Genet 2011;12(12):861–74. 24. Han J, Thompson-Lowrey AJ, Reiss A, et al. OPA1 mutations and mitochondrial DNA haplotypes in autosomal dominant optic atrophy. Genet Med 2006;8:217–25. 34. Shields CL, Eagle RC Jr, Shah RM, et al. Multifocal hypopigmented retinal pigment epithelial lesions in incontinentia pigmenti. Retina 2006;26:328–33. 35. Kajiwara K, Berson EL, Dryja TP. Digenic retinitis pigmentosa due to mutations at the unlinked peripherin/RDS and ROM1 loci.
The genes for the red and green pigments are located on the X chromosome, and the gene for the blue pigment is located on chromosome 7. The X chromosome location of the red and green pigment genes accounts for the X-linked inheritance pattern observed in red or green color vision defects. The common variations in red or green color vision are caused by the loss of either the red or the green cone pigment (dichromasy) or by the production of a visual pigment with a shifted absorption spectrum (anomalous trichromasy).
Ophthalmology: Expert Consult: Online and Print, 4e by Myron Yanoff MD, Jay S. Duker MD