By Chung Nen Chua, Li Wern Voon, Siddhartha Goel
So what is so unique approximately medical professionals and their households? Many medical professionals think that they're anticipated to offer an excessive amount of in their time to a scientific occupation to the detriment in their relatives and their own lives. This e-book is a pragmatic advisor to supply aid and ideas on the way to take care of stresses at once suffered or handed on from a relative or wife. Written in a transparent and useful sort utilizing info collated from relatives describing their emotions approximately having a physician within the relatives it presents precise and very important details on the right way to minimise the results of getting a scientific occupation at the kin. crucial examining for medical professionals and their households.
Read or Download Ophthalmology Fact Fixer: 240 MCQs with Explanatory Answers PDF
Best ophthalmology books
Gonioscopy is a crucial differential diagnostic device that allows evaluate of the anterior chamber perspective and proper category of glaucoma as a foundation for particular remedy. This ebook sincerely explains find out how to practice gonioscopy to most sensible impact. The anatomy of the chamber attitude is systematically defined, and the effect of age, developmental problems, and different pathologies at the chamber perspective is defined.
This publication offers a precis and synthesis of present concerns and study in the box of 1 of the main tough paediatric eye stipulations - Amblyopia.
Glaucoma impacts all age teams and is a number one explanation for blindness all over the world. it really is valuable that practising clinicians and surgeons realize either basic and secondary glaucoma in addition to situations of glaucoma linked to different problems. Atlas of Glaucoma, 3rd version presents an in-depth overview and research of the administration of glaucoma and discusses learn developments that experience ended in the newest remedies.
Fresh dramatic advances in prognosis, in addition to clinical therapy, suggest so that you can supply your glaucoma sufferers extra well timed and potent interventions. quantity One during this brand-new medical reference specializes in the diagnostic and healing elements of glaucoma therapy, and the newest imaging strategies resembling ultrasound biomicroscopy and optical coherence tomography in addition to new compounds, combos, and periods of gear.
- Photoreceptor Cells
- The Massachusetts eye and ear infirmary illustrated manual of ophthalmology
- Colour Atlas of Ophthalmology
- 2011-2012 Basic and Clinical Science Course, Section 5: Neuro-Ophthalmology (Basic & Clinical Science Course)
- Macular Degeneration - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
Additional resources for Ophthalmology Fact Fixer: 240 MCQs with Explanatory Answers
2) 13. Name three organs that may be involved by mumps other than the salivary glands. (3) 14. What is the commonest cause of Mikulicz's syndrome? (3) 15. What is Frey's syndrome? (3) 16. What is the commonest site of a tumour of the minor salivary glands? (3) 17. What is Sjogren's syndrome? (3) 18. What is an alternative name for Warthin's tumour? (3) 19. What are the clinical features of a Warthin's tumour? (3) 20. Name three different diagnoses of generalised parotid swelling. G. G. 28, max.
5. Intermittent swelling and discomfort in the submandibular gland related to meals. If the stone is in the duct it should be removed through the mouth. If it 6. is in the gland, the gland itself should be removed. 7. Involvement of the facial nerve. 8. Muco-epidermoid carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma and adenoid cystic carcinoma (cylindroma). 9. Bleeding, infection, facial nerve damage, parotid fistula. 10. Cervical lymph nodes. 11. Conservative parotidectomy (preserving the facial nerve).
3) 17. What is a ranula? (3) 18. Name three presentations of carcinoma of the maxillary antrum. (3) 19. Name a cause for leontiasis ossea. (3) 20. What is the commonest type of tumour of the tonsil? G. G. 28, max. 42 26 7 MOUTH AND PHARYNX Quiz answers 1. Traumatic, aphthous ulcers, carcinoma, rarely tuberculous, syphilitic, Crohn's, Bechet's. 2. Local radiotherapy, for example radium implant. 3. Radiotherapy: radium needles anterior two-thirds, posterior one-third, super-voltage therapy. 4. nodes.
Ophthalmology Fact Fixer: 240 MCQs with Explanatory Answers by Chung Nen Chua, Li Wern Voon, Siddhartha Goel